Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Still Not Well...

I am a sick cat…:( My stomach pain is still here after 11 long days. It is so persistent that it is irritating the hell out of me!! The attacks can be any time after morning, and the pain is getting so acute nowadays. The medicines the company doctor gave me 5 days ago were practically useless. I still need to take extra cimetidine on top of his medicines to ease the pain. Was practically struggling in pain (and in silence…) when I was at my friend’s house last Friday night. That was one of the worst attacks.

However, I was better on Sat and fine on Sun, thus I thought I have recovered. That was obviously too early a conclusion - I got 2 consecutive days of attacks again. The attack this late morning was too much for me to take it that I went back to my company doctor. He suggested endoscopy for me, but added on to say that mine is less than 2 weeks, so I can still wait and see. In the end, I took the stronger medicines he prescribed, only to realise that they don't seem to work again. Like a defeated cat, I could only make my way home to rest.

The main frustation stems from the fact that the pain is so paralyzing - it is hard to be running around doing things with the pain. At times, I just feel like stopping short and purr like a kitten seeking for some attention and TLC. I also feel like screaming it out loud that I am already at my brim, so stop telling me things, stop pushing me, stop waiting for me and just me to get things sorted out and handled. Let me have some space to breathe and maneuver. I am only one person - there is only that much I can do. I cannot take on the whole family on my shoulders and run. Breakdown, this is one definitely.

Going to see my family doctor later. See what he got to say. He is a very experienced doctor, just that one got to wait darn long before one can get to see him lor. This is the umpteen time that I am seeing a doc for this pain… Ok, not umpteen time, just the 3rd time.

No comments: