Thursday, November 23, 2006

First Day...

First day at a new place... It was of course an anticipation phase before I stepped in - some excitement coupled with apprehension.

The start was fine. Colleagues are few on this floor, though there are many of them a floor below. Yet, being located at a different floor is not a major issue as my colleague told me that we do not deal much with the rest at all.. So solitary for a marketing dept...

Orientation of the office environment took a short while, fire drill took up an hour, IT took the rest. This was my morn.

Afternoon? Toured around the various floors, does not know who is who; HR talked to me, gave me lotsa forms to fill up! Arghhh! My immediate boss briefed me on some other stuff... and she is asking me to come up with things already! :(

But got a very sweet surprise from a friend... Got a bouquet of flowers with a fluffy doggie! It was a pleasant surprise, or to put it more plainly, it was a surprising pleasant shock! I could not find any name in the card, but I guess who it was from the sign off of "With loves and huggies"... I was pondering what did the receptionist has for me on my very first day when she emailed me to go to 20th floor for my little surprise! Haha...

See, how pretty and cute, ya? :) Thank you, my dear sweet friend! :))



Let’s see how things go from here. Perhaps it is not what I have expected... but what have I expected in the first place?

It is all too early to tell...

But for the first day, I have survived...

No comments: