Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Last day

Listening to some sentimental hits passed to me by a friend… Gosh… Such oldies.. Yet still never fail to move my heart… Evoking some memories perhaps. Bringing my mood to another level perhaps… Whichever…

Tomorrow will be my last day in my present company. Looking back, 3 months notice period passed in a flash. It was in fact a pretty busy time for me till a few weeks ago when I could finally relax and take a slight breather at work.

For the past 2 years 7 months, it has been a roller coaster ride indeed... Many ups and downs... I have learnt many things here in a way or another. Think work and management will not be something that I will miss. It will be the people here that I will miss - those that I am close to, those who have made a difference in my life in a way or another.

There are a few that I had grown pretty attached to, and had left the company one by one some time back. Some of them are indeed special in ways I do not know how to put across in words. Nothing will change the memories I had with them, even if our relationship is to change some time down the road.

At the same time, there are some who are still here. One had been a great company to me during last year management brainstorming session. He was the one who made my torturous 2 and ½ days so much better. It was that trip that brought us closer. He had been thoughtful in a way or another, perking me up every now and then. I will miss his supply of songs definitely! :P

There are my 2 staff as well, who have braved through the storms with me. They have stood by me and fought with me. I do thank for all the laughter, fun and their patience with me. Perhaps I have not been as great a boss to them that I should have been, but I did try my best in whatever way I know how. Though of course, I could always be much better in every little way. And tonight dinner with them was indeed so great even though we might be talking some nonsensical stuff at times…The feeling is just so…comfortable and warm… I do hope that they will have a easy time with their new head going forward...

There is this gal as well, who suddenly popped into my life out of the blues. She is almost everywhere and anywhere! Haha. She is one sweet gal - gentle, loving, caring, passionate and sensitive. She is one great pal who has made my last few months here especially great. Thanks for all your nice surprises, showers of gifts, and generous love. It has been fantastic with you around. If you are a guy, you would have put a lot of guys to shame! :P You are too sweet in your own little ways. I hope you will find a guy who appreciates you for who you are. But before that can happen, do open your heart to them, and let them come in. You may be in for surprises…

And yes, there is this guy whom I always go down to buy bread or kopi together and have lunches together at times. The morning breaks are good breathers from work at times. We have shared quite a numbers of things together. He has been pretty crappy at times, yet, he is also one guy who is open and willing to share his personal life and thoughts with me. For all these, I appreciate and seriously, I think I would miss the days when we sat at the fountain, talking as we munched away our breads as breakfast.

Of course, there are still many who are superb - those who have managed to withstand my nonsense, my bitchy nature and temper, and yet still be so ever nice and sweet to me. For some, thanks for sharing and letting me into your life, so that I can be a contribution. Knowing and being able to contribute is part of receiving for me… Thank you.

Tomorrow will soon come… Whatever will be, will be… Let’s not get too emotional… It will be a new chapter for me soon... But some things will not change for sure...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pls dun make me cry.... ;P

j

Anonymous said...

at last u made ur move... congrates... new chapter of ur book will soon begin... all the best to u! :->))

A