Monday, November 27, 2006

My encounter today

A cleaning lady made a difference in my life today... I was in the Ladies at my office early morning, and while washing my hands, I started having a conversation with this Malay lady, who is doing glass cleaning for a few different buildings.

She commented that she really loves the job that she is doing now as it is very interesting. She used to be working in an office, but now she is just in the service line doing cleaning – a job that some people will look down at. But like she said, she is earning an honest living and she is very happy in this job, thus she does not care about what people say to her or think of her.

And yes, from the way she spoke, I can sense her strong passion for this job. She is right - it doesn't matter where we are and what we are doing, as long as we love what we are doing. And if so, we should not bother too much with what other people have to say or think. What we love to do need not be spectacular in others’ eyes as we ourselves put a value to what we like, not what others see it as. We got to live for ourselves many a times first before satisfying others. If we cannot find a life for ourselves, how can we do something for someone else?

She exhibits so much positive energy too... I am indeed inspired...

Well, I never know who can just make a difference in my life. Haha… It may just take a simple conversation, a trivial incident, or someone to make me aware, realize, learn or to be reminded of certain stuff…

No comments: