Monday, September 04, 2006

The Trip to Genting

Was over at Genting from Fri to Sun last weekend…

Just wanted to bring my mom for a short getaway for quite some time already. Finally (yes, finally is the word) I did. The only regret is that I did not manage to make it a whole family affair, cos my dad can't actually walk well and far, thus he gotta give this trip a miss. My youngest brother was left behind too to take care of him and the cats. So in the end, it was a company of 5 making the trip to Genting.

The trip wasn't one of those perfect holidays. You know, hiccups happened along the way.. I had exhibited impatience and intolerance a few times, especially with my mom during this trip. Realised that many a time, she simply refused to communicate what she wanted, and that frustrated me. I had to keep guessing whether she is hungry, tired, what she wants to do etc. I tried to take all these into considerations and anticipated her needs only to realise that she did not want or need it. The irony is her daughter, I, like a relationship that is simple - just let me know what you need, and I will try to make it happen if within my reasonable means. LOL.

Though this trip had its own minor hiccups, it was enjoyable all in all. I was Ms Piggy, gorging down lotsa sinful stuff at Genting. I simply can’t resist temptations of these kinds! Plus my bro din make it much easier – he is always talking about food! Other than spending a big chunk of our time on food, we went shopping, exploring, chilling out and simply enjoying the cool weather up there. We were at the outdoor Theme Park on the very first day, and my mom was having fun with some of the rides. Hahaha... My brother was the one who was scared hell out of his wits and gave the few scarier rides a miss!! *faint* … Sat was a rainy day though. The weather made the whole place foggy and cold, but we enjoyed the cable car journey down and up, especially my mom and bro. Of course, not forgetting that I did my hot coffee chill out on Sat night, savouring every moment of the beautiful night and cold weather.

The 2 and 1/2 days there passed really fast. Before we knew it, we were back to Singapore. This was a very short trip to a place that isn’t exactly exciting, exotic or interesting. However, I am glad it was made happen, cos all I wanted was to create some moments of togetherness, fun, and bonding with my family members…

No comments: