Thursday, September 21, 2006

Happy Birthday, R...

Brain is really malfunctioning these few days. Have been doing things that I should not, and it seems like my brain is slower and not thinking straight. Perhaps it is due to lack of sleep...

Anyway, it was a friend's birthday yesterday. This is a friend who has been with me for the past 3 years. Seems like very short a friendship, isn't it? Well, this is the man who has seen me in my best and my worst. Together with a bunch of great people, he stepped into my life back then when I was at a crossroad, lost and was searching desperately for an answer. Of course, some of them leave, some of us drift apart, but he and I are still great buddies.

He is there with a listening ear and shoulder when I am down and upset; he is there to celebrate my wins and share my victories. He is someone who reminds me of my strengths and merits when I somewhat forget; he is there to offer different points of views when I am stuck in my own beliefs; he is someone who sees me bigger than I see myself; he has more confidence and faith in me than I have in myself.

He is one of the few friends that I have given a very tough time. I am not exactly nice to him in many instances - niceness may not serve. I whack him for things that he screws up, or for things that he refuses to see and shift. I get impatient with him somewhat sometimes, and am straight in his face in my feedbacks to him. For the person he is, I do have higher expectations on him than others. But gosh, he can be one hell of a stubborn person who simply refuses to shift and move his butts!

It has been a journey with him - the ups and downs, the good and bad, and thus we have established certain unspoken understandings for each other. We know that we have the permission to give honest feedbacks and whack each other, and tat is for the good for the other person, nothing else.

This friend of mine is definitely a loyal friend to have. I know that he will always be around for me, and will not walk out of me even if I am down and under today. I thank him for his steady love for me, and all that he has done for me these few years. I am someone not good with words - I do not vocalize a lot of my feelings or mushy stuff. But I do appreciate all that he is and has been for me.

No comments: