Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Met up

It has been a long time since I have met up with you. Finally, I did.

Saw you waiting for me in your dad's lorry at my block car park. You are still the same. You wore that already faded red T-shirt that your sister bought for you about 6 years back. Your grin is still there, thought there are signs of weariness.

Finally passed you the thing I bought for you some very long long time ago.

We had the same issue again - waiting for each other to decide where to go. In the end, you made the call - West Coast Park.

Landed up in West Coast Park MacDonald for a drink and bites. Went on to find out how each other has been doing recently. Had conversations of almost everything under the sun that came to our mind.

…. Seems like we are talking… but are we really interacting and communicating? Are we holding back a lot? …

The drizzle stopped, the sun was out, and I suggested a walk in the park for the fresh air. Gosh, I never knew that West Coast Park is bustling with activities and people on a Sunday afternoon. I am seldom there during daytime anyway. Nevertheless, it was just a slow stroll aimlessly, chit chatting as we walked.... The weather is forever unpredictable, cos we were halfway on the walking track when we felt the raindrops again. We quickened our paces and ended up in Mac again. Took cappuccino this time round.

.... Was just talking about you on Sat that you are one hell of a person who does make a lot of things easy. You are always sure of yourself, and how you want to do things or achieve your goals. You make all decisions seem simple and straightforward. I also realised that my wits is very much trained by you. You are too quick, and it is rare that someone can beat you in a conversation. I am never your par in this area....

It seemed like the rain this time round was not going to stop anytime soon. So you decided to go get the lorry while letting me wait under the shade… Still ever sweet and thoughtful of you… Passing over your hp and wallet, you went to your vehicle. Looking at your stuff in my hands, I suddenly realised that you are still using the wallet that I had bought for you like 5 years back. You had never bothered to change that. Looking at it brought back memories...

Dropped me off at my block and just a "Bye, see you soon." ended our coffee session.

.... Such familiarity, yet such distance too...

Set my mind to get you a new wallet when your birthday is here this year. It is just a day before mine anyway.

No comments: