Friday, March 16, 2007

Wanna Run Again

I feel like going for a run again.

I just did one yesterday night. The intention was so clear - I just wanted to run. I turned down the dinner with some friends at almost last minute just to make that happen. Nothing could stop me yesterday... (except for the weather, of course…)

Ya, perhaps I am getting a bit crazy. What's so great about a run anyway, right?

Perhaps I am addicted to it. Perhaps I need an avenue for release more often nowadays. Perhaps I simply just want to run away from some things, from some people, from ...

Whenever I feel bottled up, stressed, or down, I just feel like running, to keep running and running till I am covered all in sweat, till exhaustion sets in, till I can run no more. Maybe I am sadistic, taking pleasure from all the pain and tiredness. Maybe I enjoy the triumph of completing a run no matter how much I want to give up in the process. Maybe I like the feel-good endorphins. Or simply, I just feel like it…

Whichever, I wish for a run again...

2 comments:

Wondering Wanderer said...

HaHa this sounds vaguely familiar to what I'm going though as well. There's so many things in life which we cannot control, hopefully those within our control wil be well managed. Running away may often be good to gain a different perspective but we'll all have to face it some time or another.
Anyway thats just me talking kok. :) Hopefully you're running well in your race.

bitchydolly said...

Well, I think you know best what I am talking about here. :)

Finding strength to face "it" through running..hopefully...

Hahaha...