Saturday, March 31, 2007

Tombsweeping Day

I barely had a few hours of sleep today. Woke up at about 440am this morning to go Qing Ming. It is the first time that we all woke up so early to go down to our grandparents’ graves.

I am surprised to realize that at such early hour, the cemetery is no longer lonely. You can see a lot of cars' headlights in the usually quiet Lim Chu Kang. Many people have made an effort to do Qing Ming so early so as to avoid the traffic jam and the scorching sun.

It has been a family tradition for all of us to go tombsweeping every year during this period. The history stretched as far back as when I was in Pri 3… However, I realized only today that I had missed it last year due to holidaying in Aussie… Memory loss.. Haha.

I like the idea of going. It is a time that we all will make effort to go together though we will end up hot, sweaty and dirty... It is also a chance for us to pay respects to our grandparents, though my brothers and I had never seen them before…

However, waking at such early hour is of no fun. It usually only happened when I am going to participate in a run. So… preferably no such stretch in the next few years of Qing Ming… 8-P

No comments: