Friday, March 09, 2007

On Patience Again..

I know I have posted a few entries on patience before already.

Yet, I still need to stress very much that patience is not my virtue at all though I have certainly improved over the years.

I can attempt to be slightly more patient when I am relaxed or feeling good. The patience band will be more stretchable then. I will entertain more, I will rattle more, I will try ways to see if you get what I say and I can take in more “nonsense”.

However, when I am pressed, or I am so focused on getting something handled, my patience is thin - I do not like to explain the whys, whats, and hows. If I need something, give me what I want, and all will be fine.

From young, my style has always been: I explain once, I explain twice, come the 3rd time, either you will get it from me or I will forget about it. Ya, I know it is not right for me to assume that people are on the same train of thoughts as I am; neither can I assume that the ability of comprehension is equally strong for everyone. I also know that my ways of beings may simply scare or piss people off.

Knowing is one thing though, really to have more tolerance is another. I can only try to shift... when I feel like it. Otherwise, just do NOT test it.

No comments: