Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Office Politics

Do you find yourself as caught up in office politics? I always do, for one reason or another. Maybe I got the attitude face, maybe I am ‘threatening’, or maybe people just feel like killing me off just purely out of fun.

However, I am always pretty affected by politics and backstabbing. Isn’t it simpler if people maintain a clean and simple relationship? Why do we need to waste time trying to plot against someone, and just to climb at the expense of someone else?

I always think it is better if we can just get along well with one another and help one another along the way. At least the energy is diverted into channels that are more productive and effective. Rather than spending time to think about how you can backstab someone, you can use the time to think about things like how you can improve your current set-up etc.

I got sick of these ‘fighting’ pretty easy. Not to say that I cannot play politics, but I guess it is whether I want to or not. And of course, I am never offensive unless someone treads into my space. That is when I get pretty defensive.

Haiz, sometimes I do wish that relationships between people could be simpler - clean, direct and easy, and communication between 2 persons can be more open, real and true.

Maybe I am just dreaming in this instance.

3 comments:

nicelegs said...

very hard la lion.. sometimes you don want to find trouble... trouble come and find you..

bitchydolly said...

Well, I oso agree... Can't run away. Veri frustrating.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»