Monday, July 24, 2006

My Diving Weekend

Was away at Dayang for diving over the weekend. Diving is always very tiring, yet very interesting and fun. Diving opens up a whole new world for me, bringing me close to the wonders in the sea, letting me experience the freedom in water. It is an activity that allows me to go beneath the water surface to find amazing diversity of marine life. There is no talking and little noise except for an occasional tank banger sound to alert you to something. Breathing in water becomes a conscious effort, and for once, I am fully aware that I am alive and breathing.

Something was weighing on my mind when I set off for my trip on Friday, but I did figure that the trip would do me good. At least, I do know that when I am in water, I would just enjoy the serenity in water, and immerse myself in the rich marine life underwater.

It was a exceptional long cold wait at the jetty on Fri night till 4am before the tide was right for our boat to leave. I could not even remember if I did see stars that night or not. I also wondered why I chose this suffering over my comfy bed that night. With my earphones plucked into my ears, I was listening to my Ipod songs while trying very hard to steal some moments of sleep with little success. My mind was racing for thoughts then.

However, the dives were worth the effort, 'suffering' and waiting. I saw a lot of marine creatures, like turtle, moray eels, batfish, nudibranches, cuttlefishes, angelfishes, wrasses etc. The dives were simply great - you got to be there to know what I am talking about. With great company of kakis, the whole trip could simply be one of the best.

Issues may still be unresolved... I was back late on sun night, feeling very exhausted as well. However, the satisfaction that I got from diving is enough to supersede all these physical tiredness and considerations, I guess…

No comments: