Sunday, August 05, 2007

This Sun Night...

On a Sunday evening like this, I have the privilege to have the house to myself... The night is especially breezy, certainly making my mood calmer and better.

I love having the whole house to myself. I can fill the whole house with the music I love, making it as surround sound as possible... and I can simply hide in any corner that I fancy reading a book, lazing, daydreaming, thinking through things or simply just to curl up and drift off to sleep. It is a time where there is solitude; where I get some time to be with myself, to indulge in such moments...

It had been a long week last week. It was like an unimaginable roller coaster ride. First, there were hopes, then edginess, then excitement, then frustration, anger, disappointment, fear, sadness... Was it just a week or was I confused - it had been longer than I thought?

I am always aware that there are 2 sides to the same coin. I can be an optimist or a downright pessimist – the choice is mine. In an experience, even horrendous ones, there is always something, perhaps a lot, to learn from it too. Yet, I do not wish to be caught up in “idealistic denial”, to be trapped by own idealistic tendencies, which don’t leave much room for the existence of the imperfect, and thus denying reality. And many a time, I'm really battered inside to drag my feet forward for another step... Yet, there are always some people whom stick so close to me, giving me lotsa support, love and encouragement to make this journey so much better.

Anyway, someone dear to me showed me these few lines very recently:

Sometimes what we are looking for comes knocking on our door.
Sometimes it is right around the corner from where we’ve stopped, sure that we are lost and will never find it.
Sometimes it’s waiting for us to look up from our old map long enough to see that there, not so far away, is something wonderful that we couldn’t even have imagined existed.


Thank you, dearie for the reminder, and that I was the one who had highlighted these few lines to you quite some time back. Coincidentally, I saw these few lines again just now in the book that I have started re-flipping.

Anyway, it is “Home Run” show time for me now...

No comments: