Thursday, August 30, 2007

The 5 Love Languages

There are 5 love languages, accordingly to author Gary Chapman. There are:

1. Words of Affirmation
2. Quality Time
3. Receiving Gifts
4. Acts of Service
5. Physical Touch

Accordingly, you may speak a different primary love language from your loved ones, be it your partner, friend, family members etc. In order for your own emotional tank to be filled, your partner got to speak your love language and vice versa. Of course, speaking another love language unfamiliar to you may require lotsa effort on your part. Yet, at the end of the day, it is for yourself, and the relationship that you may have been wanting?

I recently re-flipped this book "The Five Love Languages" again. I got this book many years back. Think should be about 7 years back by a mere chance. It is an easy book to read, fast to finish… perhaps it is cos that I am just browsing through it very quickly. Anyway, it is interesting to read this book again as the matter of fact is, I never exactly finished reading this book back then or any time during these 7 years. Oopss… Hahaha...

I should think that my primary love language is quality time, though I cannot discern my secondary love language at this point in time... Sorry ah, my brain is pretty fuzzy recently, think it is on a holiday (??), so I think I am pretty retarded in my thinking…

So what is your love language? Your loved ones?? Interested to read more about the various love languages? Visit here.

No comments: