Monday, July 30, 2007

My Sunday

I was at NUH in the afternoon to visit a friend whose index finger got crushed by the forklift. Fortunately, he was fine, just that he needs time to let his badly crushed finger get well. Think his finger would not be as nimble as before, but well, personally I think he is already blessed that the forklift did not get him hurt in more serious ways.

And oh yes, I got a few good buys today! As I was near Queensway shopping centre, thus I decided to make a trip down there to see if I can get my Crocs slippers. Yes, I suddenly decided 2 days ago that I want a pair of Crocs. Since they are known for comfort, and I am always out in slippers most of the time when I am not at work, I supposed they are worth the buy. Furthermore, I could wear this pair waterproof slippers for my holidays and diving… One pair of shoes to walk round the world. Haha.

Here is my new pair of Crocs slippers. I like the green colour.. keke..



Taking the chance that I was already at Queensway, I browsed through the sports shops for my Saucony MC Stabil running shoes, since the pair that I have is pretty worn out at the soles. As usual, it is not easy to find this brand, not to say the women model. Finally, I saw a familiar shoe at this corner shop, and yes, it is MC Stabil 5! However, the shop owner said that MC Stabil 6 will only be here later. :( Yet, surprises are always at unexpected corners cos he pointed to another pair of shoes and said that that pair is better. On closer inspection, I realised it was Mizuno Alchemy 7!! Gosh, I was pleasantly surprised as I did have a fruitless time trying to find Alchemy 5 a year+ ago.

So yes, I bought Alchemy 7 to see how they compare with my Saucony... Here are my new pair of shoes.



I did my virgin run around my new estate in my new shoes too. Hmm, think Alchemy 7 shoes are not as well-cushioned as MC Stabil 5, though lighter. Well, I need to go for a longer distance to see if they provide good stability to my severely over-pronated feet. Nevertheless, the run was good - new route, new experience… Not to say I have laid off running for quite awhile except the times when I was meddling with the gym treadmill. The moon was full, unblocked and pretty again. Having her as a companion adds mood to the run… :)

2 comments:

Wondering Wanderer said...

I have to agree with your comments on Mizo's. Currently wearing a pair of wave creation and Sauco's Grid hurrican. Sauco's definitely provide more cushioning but in return they weigh more. Mizo's are definitely much lighter but I feel it's slightly narrower with the fit aorund the ankle slightly lower as well. Maybe it's just my feet.

I'll definitely use Sauco's for trainers. Ran in them for 2-3 years and no injuries so far. Then again maybe it's becuase I'm not really running that intensively? haha Have fun with the new shoes.

bitchydolly said...

Gee, thanks..

I'll still wait patiently for Sauco MC Stabil 6 to come. It is so tough to find Sauco here! Gosh!

N eh, u have not been running intensively? Then who have been? I am definitely nowhere then. Haha..