Tuesday, July 24, 2007

14072007

This is a super late post. But well, I finally got the time to write a bit more…

Yes, 14072007 is finally over. It was a huge relief... as in it was a tiring affair to get such a big event going from ground zero. Coupled with the house, it was a complete total nightmare with many nights of little sleep and lotsa running around to make sure things are handled.

The day started very early at 4am. I was up by then, having a min sleep of only 2h. My sister entourage was there with me at 5am. Guess most of them were like half awake when they arrived... But I figured they did have great fun over sabotaging the guys.. haha..

The evening solemnisation started at 610+pm. The ferry walk-in was a fresh idea to me. The ride was short, just 5min, but I certainly felt at home the moment I was out at the sea. It was a very touching moment for me when I saw so many familiar faces standing around as I walked down from the boat to the gazebo. And yes, the moment I said "I do" and signing on the paper, the feelings were very mixed. Yet, it was over even before the feeling sank in. The sunset at 6+pm was romantic at RM, a sight with all the yachts, sea, blue sky and greenery. (Yes yes, I do love sunsets. Haha...) With the beautiful scenery as the backdrop, we spent some time taking photos with all the friends who had made the effort to be there early to witness our ceremony.

The night outdoor dinner... there were some hitches here and there like my dress zip was spoilt, relatives turned up to be more etc etc... Yet, I had totally surrendered for that night - no panicking, getting flustered or frustrated. In fact, I knew I was in good hands of many. So quoting, my job is to look pretty... haha.. The entourage walk-in was fun though it was a stretch for some of them. *Devilish laughter* But actually it is not a sabotage for them; to us, it is part of acknowledgement to them. The 'declaration' planned by B.B really took me by surprise. It never crossed my mind that he would go and think of things like that to say to me. Creative in a funny way, and yet, he could be so sweet. Being blurred, he lost his slip of paper that he has prepared, but I think that made what he got to say even closer to the heart.

The night was perfect - nice windy weather, good food, casual and relaxed atmosphere, great music with lotsa mingling. I love the band’s singing, though after the first 2 songs, I got no time to pay any more attention to them. I felt really blessed for the excellent weather that night, taking into consideration that it had rained on all other weekends in Jul. If it had rained, the consequences would be unthinkable as there was no backup plan at all!

It was finally something different too cos I am often pretty bored when I am seated down at a wedding dinner in a confined space... I do not know if others had such a great night for their own day, but personally, I had lotsa fun that night, and enjoyed myself thoroughly. The only regret is that we both did not have enough time to go around separately spending at least a few min with the guests at each table.

Furthermore, we had put in a lot of effort in handling all the big things like the food menu, flow of the day and the live band to the small details like the wedding favours & cards, table labels, guest cards, flowers deco etc, the satisfaction was great when the whole event went nicely as planned. However, I gotta attribute the whole day success to our coordinator and friends' gang who were there to 'weather' all hiccups and ensure that all was fine. I know it would never be such a great bang if not for them. And of course, how can I forget the fun-loving bunch of friends who were there, making the day even better than ever…? It is always the people around that made a day, an event, a place or a moment special.

Certainly, 140707 is a day which I would have a lot of fond memories of.

2 comments:

Wondering Wanderer said...

Wow what am adventure, congrats again!

bitchydolly said...

:):)Thanks, pal! Will show u some photos when they are ready!