Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Such Conflicts

I wish for each hour and second to pass quickly, so a day will be over soonest.
Yet months and years seem to fly past in a blink that I looked back in amazement and puzzlement.

I wish for the sight of the pretty full moon.
Yet when the moon is out, the stars go into hiding.

I wish to feel more energized by resting more.
Yet the more I sleep, the more tired I feel.

I wish for more excitement and new experiences.
Yet the thoughts send my legs trembling and heart pumping hard.

I wish to get you out of sight, out of mind.
Yet the more I try to forget, the more you lurk in every corner of my brain.

I wish for some very simple enjoyments in life.
Yet they seem complicatedly hard to come by at times.

I wish for certain things/ events to be over soon.
Yet when a full stop is drawn, I wish it has never become history.

I wish to treasure certain things that I have now.
Yet the more I try, the more they seem to slip me by.

Oh, such ironies in life... or paradoxes they are?

No comments: