Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Stairs

Was walking up some stairs, when this flight of 6-storeys high stairs came to my mind once again....

This flight of stairs...I used to be climbing up and down a few times a day in the past. It started out as walking down, then climbing up, and then it became more and more frequent...

Thus whenever there were too many people waiting for the lifts, or when I felt like it, or I concluded that I should move more to train up my chicky legs, I would climb them. Stairs can actually be a much faster option than lifts at times, and I chose to believe that it is a good short workout! :P

Using these stairs is a convenient and discreet way to walk into the shopping mall too. I would not need to be seen in the lift going down to the 1st floor, as I could simply exit at 3rd floor. So whenever I need a coffee break, a breather, or to get something at these few levels, yes, these stairs were certainly useful.

Am I attached to these stairs? I’d think I should still be pretty sane (?!). Just that every step there was a memory of the people that had walked the same stairs with me before, a reminder of my days there, some wonderful people that I have known there and the moments created together.

These stairs... the good times...the bad times… the people... the memories... the learning... the chances... the seat… the smell…

Am I getting nonsensical?

No comments: