Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

25 Dec... Christmas Day.

X’mas has been one of my favourite holidays for many reasons. I love the mood in the air; I love this sharing and giving season; I love buying gifts for people close to me; I love the meaning behind X’mas...

Yet, this year, I am pretty immune to such a day. Somehow, my mood is different from the previous years. Just feeling quiet about it, and do not feel like doing anything about it too.

For one thing I had been avoiding the crowds at the shopping malls most of the times this month, and I was reluctant to go shopping for gifts too. I did receive quite a few pressies from many... But except for a selected handful which I bought something especially for them, I did not get anything for the others.

Maybe it was the last minute shopping for the various colleagues in my office last year that had put me off. In my previous office, many would go get everyone else a X’mas present *roll eyes*. It did not seem nice not to buy something back, so it was a shopping frenzy for me last year for no purposeful reason. (Well, I think the gist is no extreme for me please, cos that would put me off...)

For whatever reason it could be, I do not think there is a ‘right’ feeling when X’mas approaches. Each year, it could be a different experience by itself due to many factors.

Yet, Merry X’mas, folks! Have a joyful, peaceful and blessed X’mas!

No comments: