Thursday, June 07, 2007

Kit

My cat, Kit is back at the animal clinic. She is hospitalised again. This is her 2nd time in after a week stay from 25 - 1 Jun. She got pancreatitis - inflammation of the pancreas, a gland organ in the digestive and endocrine systems.

She was looking chirper after 5 days stay in the clinic, and she was discharged on the 7th day on last Friday to be nursed at home. I also brought her for check-up on Mon, and the blood test showed she was getting better though her electrolytes number is still higher than the average.

However, on Tues, she vomitted her medicine and food a few times. The vet has already forewarned me that if she shows any odd signs like rejecting food, she ought to be sent back immediately.

So there she is again. I went to see her yesterday evening. She certainly seems legtharic and weak.

This is Kit, with the drip on her front right paw. I think she is feeling too sick to even want to stand up and walk. But I cannot blame her, cos she cannot eat nor drink anything. The drip keeps her going.

Another shot of her...

This is her drip. Hmm, she is on NaCl, Sodium Cloride i.e. salt water? It reminded me of my own drip the last time. Ha.

I hope she will get well soon… She is too precious...

No comments: