Monday, June 18, 2007

Gym...

I hit the treadmill properly for the first time in my whole life yesterday. Ok ok, I admit that I am a mountain turtle when it comes to the gym. I always think that I am idiot with all these equipments and I always got this funny image in my brain that I will fall flat on my nose while on the treadmill. Haha.

The matter of fact is, I have never like confined rooms for exercising, thus given a choice, I rather workout in other forms where I can come close to the air and nature outdoor. That gives me a sense of freedom…

Yet, yes, I have stopped jogging at my regular route for the past 3+ weeks already. Feeling restrained and pent-up, I decide to check out the gym room in the afternoon yesterday. For once, I did a proper run on the treadmill, though only 2x for an interval of 15 min each. At the same time, I played around with the cycling and weight machines too. I did not do much in that small room, however, it did feel good to break out into sweat.

Guess I may have to shift and do some jogging at the gym itself going forward. At least it is not weather-dependent. At least, I can play around with other machines too if my back or feet protest again. Yet, going gym is constrained by the closing hour of 10p.m. I figure there is no best of both worlds...ultimately, I have to reach a compromise.

No comments: