Wednesday, June 20, 2007

《我不想忘记你》



Heard this song over the radio for the first time… N once again, a liner caught my attention.

Managed to get this song in my collection now. Seems like it is not a new song. If I am not wrong, this is a song of a Chinese drama series in Taiwan. I like this song… The singer's voice is crispy clear and untainted. The lyrics... yes, it can be close to the heart of many.

Hmm, let me test my translation skills here, since I have been doing a fair bit of English to Chinese translation recently. Let's try doing the other way round.

The chorus in translated English in the most literal sense:

"I try hard to think of you
With tears in laughter
Letting myself love you deeply
And then learning to let go

I do not wish to forget you
Even if I can, I'd rather remember all the hurt

I try hard to think of you
Even if I am to tear, I do not mind
With best wishes and gratefulness
I lost you with courage

Loving you is a hard decision
But I'm not saying sorry..."

Is my translation skills good enough? :P

No comments: