Monday, December 04, 2006

My After Thots after the Run

I completed my half marathon yesterday. The weather had been kind - it was cloudy and thus cooling. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why this was an easier run for me this time round. Perhaps it is in the mind too, as I know this run should be much easier for me since I am no longer considered a novice in that anymore. All in all, I enjoyed my run much more this time round. :)

I was just commenting why I like to do this standard chartered run at year end. The run marks the year end for me. It is like setting the goals at the beginning of the year, and knowing that I accomplish them at year end… So doing this run is symbolic in a sense

Do not know exactly why I persist in running actually. I did my virgin half marathon 2 years back in 2004 – it was to support someone who declared completion of a half marathon to be his goal that year. For someone who had problems finishing a 2km and with only 3 months to train, that was indeed a big stretch for me back then. I must have been mad to agree. Haha.. Not to mention that my madness went overboard, and I tested my limits in a full marathon last year. Definitely under-trained, I paid a high price for that – nearly got heat exhaustion. Haha.

Yet, how come I am still doing it now? Hmm… Reasons that I can think of:

1. Can keep fit
2. Cheap!
3. Good conditioning for the mind
4. Can do it any time with little constraints except for the weather
5. Relieve stress
6. Work off what I gobble down! Can lose weight in another word la! Or at least, dun grow fat!
7. Great energy booster & feel good factor.
8. Clear my thoughts and my mind
9. Realign myself with some goals
10. Train up my discipline

Wow, not bad. I can think of 10 reasons at least!

Ya, so I guess these are all that keep me going.

Wonder how long I will still be doing this… Perhaps my interest can change tomorrow? That is for me to find out. Hoo hoo..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha ha.stop??
not if I am still running....

bb