Friday, October 20, 2006

What a Week...

I am worn out this week. Weather has been really bad, so hazy that I could not go out there for a run. Of course, I could have ignored the warning and jog as usual, however, that is not very wise, isn't it? So somehow, I feel that I am letting my body rot a bit too much (especially after so much food indulgence in Bali) and I have too much negative energy, which certainly needs to be sweated out in a run. Haha.

In addition, my brothers and I have been fussing over my mom who is hospitalized now. Her condition is not UTI. Instead, it is something more serious - got to do with kidney, liver or colon. Full detail is yet to be out at this point in time. So I have been in and out of hospital to see her and to make sure that she is doing well. The good news is she is reacting well to the antibiotics and thus her fever has come down nicely. That is a huge relief indeed. Doc has allowed her to eat from yesterday evening and her appetite has regained slightly. Another relief...for the time being...

Guess it is not the hassle to be at different places that is tiring. It is the anxiety that is wearing me out. It is the sense of helplessness to see a loved one suffer and yet there is nothing much I can do about it. But I suppose I am glad to have my brothers around to take care of certain things at different times. Otherwise, I think it would be more than I could cope. The supports from some friends have made it easier too...

All I hope now is that everything will turn out to be fine eventually…

No comments: