Monday, October 09, 2006

Back in Office Without J

Yup, I am back to reality...Back from my 10 days long bali trip. I have a lot to blog about - on the trip, my experience, my thoughts etc etc.

However, at this moment in time, I just want to pen down my thoughts with regards to this colleague cum friend, J. I did a previous entry on her leaving the company in Aug. As my team was so caught up with preparation for a big scale roadshow those few months, we extended her stay for another month till end Sep. Her last day was on 29 Sep, the day that I flew off to Bali. Luckily I was not in office that day. Otherwise, I did not know how I would react at knock off time. Before I flew off that evening, I dropped her an email, thanking her for the sweet gift that she got especially for me from States and for being around these few years.

First day back to office after a week long to find that she is and will no longer be at her desk. It is sad to think of that - no more nonsense, jokes and laughter with her together in office. Reading what she replied me get me emotional too. And I realize that J and I are very similar in many ways. Like me, she is bubbly, loud, direct and can be confrontational at times. However, when it comes to relationships with people we are close to, we can crumble easily. J is one loyal friend, cherish her close friends a lot, and thus can get hurt when things change. Though she doesn’t seem like tat sort, she always let her emotions overwhelm and consume her and thus affect her in all other areas in her life. I suppose she is more overt in her feelings and emotions with regards to relationships in this sense...

She hangs on to memories a lot, and is sometimes puzzled why things change. Her own words in her email back to me: "..Things change so much in such a short period of time that somehow I think I can't even seem to keep up with them. Or rather maybe it's just me.... I keep looking back, therefore I find it hard to move forward." Guess I can relate to that very well. I used to ask myself why things change, and feel nostalgic in many instances… (But I have also learnt along the way to let it go and let it be..) ... Thus when she is always on this topic and relationships, I can understand fully where she is coming from.

J and I are pretty different in our lifestyles and many ways, yet I suppose it is all the mutual understanding, the things that we share, the moments we had together that brought us closer day by day, unknowingly.

Figure that things are definitely going to be different from what they used to be. It will be a different journey all together. The bonding between us may fade over time too. Who knows? Yet, I thank god for letting her be in my life before and now, and leaving footprints in my life. For that, I am full of gratitude...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

an ending here is merely another beginning for you to build a stronger friendship based on where you had left off earlier. positive thinking will means to hope for a better tomorrow with stronger friendship.