Monday, August 28, 2006

Leaving...

During these 1 - 2 weeks, I am going to witness colleagues that I am close to leaving this company for greener pastures out there.

Guess I can't help but feel pretty blue. No matter what, we have shared so much during the times they are here…

J - She is such a good working colleague and friend. We have weathered through many things in work together. If without her, I wonder how I would struggle in my dept and how long I can last here. Sitting just next to me, we are 2 "monsters" and "gangsters", talking the loudest in the whole of level 6. Atrocious is the word? Ha ha. We bitch about things that we can't stand, laugh out loud at jokes, and share ideas in depth. She has been a fantastic thinker in creativity and marketing ideas, thus able to point out certain things in work that I miss out. We complement each other where work is related. We are similar in some senses in personalities and thus are able to share personal things heart to heart. We talk about what matter, discuss about how things should be done, exchange point of views and share our feelings. Times with her here is fun, enjoyable and sweet.

A - With this man, it is quite strange. We were pretty distant though he was sitting very near me at a point in time. We become closer to each other only when we start going out for lunches and communicate over msn. He is a serious man, taking his work with so much pride. (So dumb, isn't he? Ha!) He is very helpful, rendering his services to and sharing his knowledge with colleagues if he could. He has been nice in his own ways too, like giving me a surprise last year during my birthday and has been around to offer me advices, tips and helps in whatever ways he could. Though he isn't a feeling type of man (typical man?!), I know that he is a loyal and good friend to have. I know I can turn to him if I am ever in trouble and need his helps.

M - He is one of his kinds, seriously. On the outside, he seems such a cool and friendly man, hitting off instanteously with almost everyone he sees. Yet, on the inside, he is such a gentle, loving and sensitive man. The whole ball game was changed the moment he appeared outside my ward in the hospital last year. I guessed I was pretty touched by his sudden appearance then. He needed not be there at all, but he did - turning up one late night, catching me by surprise. I do not know exactly when it happened, but somehow we have drawn closer to each other by the days. He is there to support when I am feeling down; he is there to listen when I grumble and complain about things; he is there to offer different point of views when I am getting fixated. At other times, he is just simply around, which is more than enough. For everything that he is, how I wish I could have done more for him and make a difference in his life.

Maybe things can never be the same again when each of them goes their separate ways. As much as I am sad that they have to go, I know deep inside that I should feel happy and excited for them taking this big step. The world out there is certainly an adventure, offering more opportunities and choices for them. I do sincerely wish them all the best in whatever they are going to do...

No comments: