Monday, June 26, 2006

Heart and Hurt

I was reading some stuff when I came across something like this along the line: “ Love is all about being vulnerable… if you want to protect yourself, then you will lock yourself in your own selfishness.”

I got to agree with I have read. Love is all about opening my heart to someone or something, and that runs a risk of being hurt, rejected or failure. However, if I do not give, I will never receive. I will not get to experience the full spectrum of love, joy and happiness.

Love is just like a pendulum, isn't it? Only if I allow it to swing high to one end, it can then swing back high to the other end. If I only want to guard my heart from being hurt, I can only lock it up in the coffin, and let it die with my own selfishness…

Yet, yesterday night, I just got to know a friend of mine whom the bf just broke up with her. She was devastated, of course. She was still crying when I was talking to her over the phone.

Though she may appear to be a woman who is like bochap to the environment around her, she is actually someone who cherishes her friends around her, and is very serious when it comes to relationship. So this guy’s abruptness in breaking up really shatters her heart.

I do hope she will get over this very soon, and find a guy who does appreciate her the way she is. Like I told her, it is better that it happens now than later. The hurt will certainly more if it drags on.

Pain takes time to heal certainly. She has given, thus it hurts. I have been through that, and I can fully empathize with it.

Let time be the best antidote for all that happens. Tomorrow will certainly be a brighter and better day.

No comments: