Wednesday, June 14, 2006

People in my Life

I always get pretty emotional when people walk in and out of my life, especially to those that I have grown close to. Changes make people draw apart, and feelings become distant. Things that are today are no longer the same come tomorrow.

Sometime I do wish that I have cherished them more when they are around.

So it is about me? I do wonder.

Gone were the days
Where laughter was the candy
Past were the moments
That joy seemed eternal

People come and go
This is how it works
Some are here for a reason
Some are just passer-bys

Footprints are what they leave behind
Some are frail
Some are deep
The rest, hardly ever matter

Heart is the supreme
That I wun contest
Emotions just trickle in
At moments I least expected

Is that a weakness?
Or should it be a strength?
That I really do not know
How I wish I never asked

Does it matter or does it not?
That I dare not probe
‘Cos venturing what is deep beneath
Is too much for me to take

Learning is what I do
Coping is what I should
Letting go is the key
And future is the hope

But for the time being
Let everything be at a halt
Let my emotions flow
And let me be who I am …
For now

No comments: