Friday, March 28, 2008

Too much alcohol?

Did I have a drop too much? Or is my body failing me?

I went for a team dinner at The Sage yesterday after the first day of the marketing offsite. Reluctant indeed as it was evening, and the time was supposed to be personal. Nevertheless, know that I am supposed to be “nice”, thus I accepted the invitation.

Cutting the long story short, I had a drink of course as I was with all the Aussies. Had a glass of champagne and some white wine while having dinner. I did not think I drank a lot, yet the aftermath was horrible…

I was in a perfect piece after the 3+h of dinner and on my way home. However, I was feeling bloated when home, so I decided to just lie down for awhile, only to fall asleep for an hour. Yet, I had such difficult time standing up in the bathroom that I needed to sit down on the floor for my shower thereafter… Even though I was totally sober, the alcohol seemed to have consumed me fully - my body was weak, breathing was laborious and legs ready to give way …

I quickened my paces in my night cleaning up routine, drowned myself with lots of water before falling onto my bed to close the chapter for the night.

First time that I ever felt this way after a drink… Wonder what chemical reaction had taken place in my body during dinner… Whichever, the feeling sucked. Think I better be good and stay off from alcohol…

No comments: