Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Back from HK!

I am finally back from Hong Kong. It was a super short working trip, with me checking into the hotel at 11pm on Mon night, and checking out at 8am today. Yesterday seemed to last forever, as I stupidly stood in front of our company booth, trying to “sell my smiles” since early morning. Simply, I could not wait for the time for the event tear-down, as I was really getting very bored. I mean it was for the sales staff to mingle and network; it was not a place meant for me as there is nothing much I could contribute!

Of course, it was good for me to be there to oversee the event. At least I could make sure that our booth was properly set up, and I got a good idea of how the whole event is run, checked out what our competitors are doing, and garnered some marketing ideas from them. However, helping my sales colleagues to run the booth was totally suicidal, not to say that all the male colleagues there did not even offer to help me do the tear-down even though they were just there. It was totally embarrassing when the girl from the next booth offered to help me, asking me if there was no one to help me. Eeks!

It was a consolation that I did get some personal time last evening. I made my way down to Causeway Bay after an hour nap (think the lack of sleep and long day, coupled with the champagne after work got me really groggy that I knocked out). As I walked along the streets and explored the shopping malls alone, I was glad to have the chance to be with the crowd and bask in the city’s vibrancy and busyness in such relaxed manner after a day of work.

And yes, there is a duplication of the same event tomorrow in homeland. So it is another long day... But at least I can look forward to going home and my bed after the day ends...

2 comments:

Wondering Wanderer said...

Your new page looks good. Makes me wanna go on a holiday soon

bitchydolly said...

:)))

Thanks, man...

That's the whole idea... time for hoildays and fun! :P