Thursday, November 22, 2007

More Thots

Outsiders always have a clearer picture than the involved parties? I figure so, isn't it? At times, it can be so glaringly straight in the face for the outsiders, yet, the involved party is clouded by his or her own judgments, assessments or emotions.

I do presume it is always easier and clearer to any bystander cos there are no additional emotions involved. At such, one can fully, clearly, rationally see the whole picture without being influenced or caught in own spiral trap.

Personally, it is sometimes so crystal clear to me about certain issues, certain solutions or ways of doing. Thus, there are times where I am totally impatient, frustrated and irritated when some cannot get it, or how they choose to short sell themselves or go about self sabotaging by creating a bigger shit hole for themselves than necessary.

Yet, being caught in similar situations before, I can perfectly understand how the mind and thoughts are clouded and the heart is confused. Everything seems to be hazy, with no one clear solution or way out…

Introspection is always necessary. Yet, if introspection just revolves around a few parameters, I can never see outside my own box, and never be able to see other possibilities. We all have our "blind spots", thus, I'm always appreciative of people who have been around me to support me and point out certain perspectives that I have failed to consider. Of course, it can be hurting at times to face up to the cold "truth". It takes a lot of courage to fish out everything, especially emotions, which may have been so tightly and nicely wrapped up, and swept under the carpet for donkey years. I may fail to recognise the non-serving beliefs that I may have towards many issues, people or events as they may be so deeply entrenched somewhere in me unknowingly. All the excuses that I have come up with to cover up for whatever event/ feeling etc , I may be convinced that they are the actual reasons or facts already.

Yet, I know that if I could identify and face them boldly, that is where I learn, grow and be better.

I always remember and do agree with what HS has said before – it is certain that we will learn whatever we need to learn in our life, just that we can take 15 years to learn it or simply take an accelerated platform and learn within a much shorter time frame. I am also clear that if I never learn what I need to learn, the same thing will happen to me repeatedly till I learn how to approach or view the matter differently.

Well, I don't have that many 15 years… I would not be able to tolerate myself taking such snail steps… I think I will frustrate myself to death… I just cross my fingers and hope that I do have the IQ, EQ, AQ or whatsoever Q to look beyond, to explore deeper and to be wiser as time goes by.

No comments: