Tuesday, October 09, 2007

My Staffing Experience

The 5 days of basic training were over. Yet life has just started for those who had been inside the room for the past 5 days.

It has been an enriching and wonderful (though very tiring!) staffing experience for me. Unlike the previous basic staffing, I am at ease most of the times (or apparently?)... After a few more years of growth and experiencing life out there, I walked into the training room with different point of views on how I should show up, on results and how to support this great bunch of people. I have certainly learnt to celebrate where these people are at this point in time, trust the processes and hold the people big enough to know that they will shift and get what they need to get about their life in the training room. I have also realised that I have learnt over the years to trust myself in the ways I support these people, yet ask for coaching if I need it.

Basics training is all about self-awareness - how each has shown up in life so far and how they can get to the goals they say are important to them. My heart goes all out to the 60 participants who have worked very hard to take a look at their own lives and creating values for themselves. Perhaps they do not know, but as a staffer, I may be more excited than they themselves, and was anxious to know how I can show up to support them such that they would take risks, create values and see possibilities in their lives at each passing day. Seeing their faces on Sun, each of us, total 10, we know that our time, effort, lack of rest and sleep, and commitment are all worth it. In many ways, the participants have contributed a lot to me personally too - they have amazed and inspired me, and have busted a lot of beliefs that I may hold. I salute them wholeheartedly...

Indeed, this experience has re-grounded me all over again, and let me realise once more how great it feels to be in contribution to someone...

No comments: