Saturday, October 20, 2007

The End of One Chapter

“Everything happens for a reason”... “There is no coincidence”... I have heard people asserting these points over the years, and I do agree with them. I mean, if I want to look for reasons for any event that happens to me, and every people that enters into my life at any point in time, I am sure I can find lots of them.

I had just marked the end of the chapter in my present company. Outwardly, it seems like a very short chapter, with only 11 months. However, it is indeed a long journey to me as it only took me 2 days to know I am in the wrong place.

I supposed I had made many wrong first moves in this work place. As such, I inevitably set myself up for a lot of trouble and issues here. For so many times, I questioned myself in the ways that I had showed up that did not give me the desirable results; in many occasions, I literally broke down; for many months, I tried to shift and recreate...

Yet, during this torturous process, I had certainly learnt more about myself, recognized people’s idiosyncrasy, and realized how I may need to shift to get it ‘right’. It may not be that pleasant an experience, but I do know I have gained invaluable learning that will serve me further in my further jobs. And I did finally get it ‘right’, though I have certainly run out of patience as I refused to be engaged in such meaningless tussles any further, and be stuck in a job that isn’t that forwarding moving.

I do believe that this chapter happened for a reason, and I know it is all for the better. Cos I have certainly got clearer of what I am looking for, what may serve me better and how I need to shift to give me the intended results... Oh yes, I assert that the power of sourcing works as actions will follow closely after the intention is stated! I did get another job, a job that I wanted, after being through 3 rounds of tedious interviews... And I am excited about it... :)

No comments: