Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Give me the Space

Think I am a rebellious bitch. I hate people breathing down my neck. I hate to be closely watched. I hate being excessively fussed over. I hate people telling me what I need or need not do. I hate people sticking too close to me for comfort or restricting me in my actions. I hate anything that suffocates me.

I desire freedom. I desire breathing space. I desire the ability to do what I feel like doing. I am untamable to a certain extent. If I am already very independent since young, I certainly cannot tolerate anyone who watches over me, attempts to control my movements, or stick to me that closely now, even though it is all with good intentions...

I may give in in many instances after considering the big picture, from the other person's point of view and for the benefit of everyone. However, it doesn't mean that I like it. It also doesn't mean that I can tolerate it for long. There is always a limit to my patience, especially when I feel restricted and suffocated.

Of course, it does not mean that I would simply run loose, disregard any consequences and go do whatever I fancy or things like that. I do know my own limits, and I love company, friends, feedbacks etc. I am certainly muddled-headed at times, and will love people to be around to support me when that happens.

I also make effort to get relationships going. I love to make and spend time with the people I love, doing things together and sharing moments; yet, it doesn't mean it needs to look a certain way, or it got to be on everything and everyday or that frequent. To me, it is always about letting each other has the space to grow and enjoy individually, yet, coming together at times to create experiences and moments. It is definitely a delicate imaginery balance, with no one right scale for each relationship, nor for sure how it may work out...

Whichever, the gist of it is I do adore my own space very much, and appreciate people who respect that.

No comments: