Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My 25 Blessings

I have been thinking quite a fair bit recently…(But then again, some people whom know me intimately will say when did I ever stop thinking?! Lolz…)

I suppose human beings can be greedy at times – good and want better, have and want more… I always think it is a thin line between contentment and laid back, being competitive and creating more results, determined and stubborn… The only difference is the space you are operating from…

Thus, I want to count my blessings today…so that I reground myself to appreciate all stuff that are happening in my life now… to focus on the positives, not the negatives… to have my energies on what are working, and not to dwell on what are not…

My list of 25 blessings:

1. I am still alive and kicking…
2. I am healthy and fit… in fact in a much better physical fitness than I was few years back
3. I have a loving man who takes care of me well and good
4. I have some quality friends who embrace me with grace and stand by me always
5. I am in a job with no micro managing boss
6. I can leave office by 6pm most of the days, and still see daylight when I reach home
7. My colleagues are generally ok and helpful
8. I have the luxury to sleep in late over the weekends
9. When my heart desires, I simply go for runs or swims
10. I always have a worthy companion who joins me in all the above activities
11. My parents have no major ailments that are that worrying
12. My brothers are grown up and can take care of themselves
13. I am close to my 2 brothers… we have fun together, pig out together, can raise our voices with one another and know that nothing is going to spoil the bonding…
14. I get to go on holidays many times a year
15. Able to dive and explore the deep blue sea are eye-opening and breathtaking experiences
16. I have fun loving travel companions who are forever interesting
17. To be able to admire the beauty of the clouds, sunrises, and sunsets…
18. I always trip and fall, but there are people who will reach out to hold me
19. I earn a decent income, enough to sustain my style of living
20. I do not have a high debt ratio
21. When I fall sick, I always get undivided attention from my man :P
22. At least my stubborn dad still listens to me, so I still have my ways around him
23. I do not need to do most of the housework… Haa
24. To have luxury for simple enjoyment such as the time to listen to all my favourite songs, be in my quiet space, read my books…
25. I always get to eat my favourite food and tibits!

YIPPEE!

No comments: