Sunday, June 08, 2008

In the Room

There was no one particularly that I knew in the room. In fact all of them are strangers to me. It had been quite awhile since I had stepped inside too. However, as I walked around the room experiencing each and everyone of them in that 5mins, I was overwhelmed. My heart melted, and could not be helped but be totally touched. I knew they had done a lot of hard work over the past few days. They were at a different energy level with new realisation and understanding of themselves, ready to go out in life to create breakthroughs.

Being someone who had been through it many years back, I still could remember vividly how I was as I stood there with my eyes closed. It was an experience at least a 100x more powerful than the Basics for me. It shaped of how I am today - I did not change, but I built on a stronger foundation, and tap on my abilities in better forward moving ways. It opened up a new spectrum of perspectives for me, letting me see possibilities and soar to heights that I have never imagined. It was a journey that I never ever regretted.

Experience is something that money may not buy, something that cannot be expressed by just words. It could not be achieved simply by staring at books too – it is foolish and wishful thinking that all the understanding will sink in if you memorise every bit of it. Wanting to share this with the people that I know or close to, yet it is not always successful. Sometime I am puzzled; sometime I get impatient; sometime I just get totally fed up. Even for many who went through it, they did themselves enough disservice by not taking along with them what they need to or invalidating everything that they have experienced and understood. Quoting someone "some things cannot be taught, they got to be learnt", I agree with that.

It is not easy out there - it requires lots of personal effort, there is no magic about it. It is all about being open, making conscious and consistent effort each time and taking steps that are purposeful and serving. Learning is a continuous process.

Easier said than done.

No comments: