Monday, May 05, 2008

I dunno...

I had a sms “conversation” with someone yesterday after I was back from Puerto Galera.

I tried to take a very neutral stand, for I should not judge, and ought not to impose my views, especially to someone like him...

Below is the conversation thread:

Him: Hows things? I am pretty all messed up. Haha.

Me: Wat’s up, handsome?

Him: I, the self professed faithful husband fell in love with a girl from China. Haha. Broke off but my heart is crushed.

Me: (being sarcastic here, wonder if he got it…) Den it’s not abt faithful anymore. Lotsa temptations out there, I supposed. All done. So it’s abt what’s next.

Him: Back to normal? But it is not the same anymore. I don’t know what’s wrong? Is it me or us? Have I become numb to my wife? Anyway I am humbled by my own failure.

Me: It can never be the same. How can it be? I guess it’s not impt who’s it. E importance is what’s going to happen after this. Feelings can be transient. Marriage is all about responsibility and commitment thereafter. U decide what u want to do with it. Time will lighten a clouded mind.

Him: Thanks for ur concern. I still want my wife n kid. But what disturb me is that I really was serious. So much for my “love”.


... ... ...

Few issues here:

1. So much about being faithful, especially for those who keep saying that they are. The ugly truth is happily ever after is only a fairy tale?

2. When the feeling of love dies, what is next? Can stale feelings be revived? Or it should be ignored? Or that is a natural course that ought to be accepted? Is there a better way? Or another way?

3. Let’s put aside issues such as we are talking about a China woman here, who is the initiating party or who gives in to feeling or temptations. The point is the man will still choose the wife and the kid at the end of it all. The thing is they already know that before they jump into the other relationship. So much for their self professed “serious love” in it.

Most men are only in for a fling, be it for sex, fun, or just simply want to prove that they are still attractive… The selfish self wants to have the cake and eat it - keep the woman at home, family intact and have fun out there at the same time... So if the 3rd party is in for the real thing, then she is just asking for trouble and more trouble, for at the end of the day, no one is going to sympathize with her.

Men… women… relationships… bothersome… yet, we cannot do without them… such complexity.

At times, I wish I'm blind and oblivious. Ignorance is bliss.

No comments: