Wednesday, August 05, 2009

What a nightmare!

It had been a tedious road leading up to my trip back to Hanoi over the past one month– tons of preparation to get done, so much logistics to manage and so much detail to handle… and many stretches were given to me at last minute, thinking I could wave my wand and create magic.

My four days stay at InterContinental Westlake was of no fun too. Nice hotel, great food and overall the offsite event went very well for everyone. I am glad with the result – it just showed how much we were prepared for it. On the other hand, I felt like I was a slave, at the commands and wishes of those spoilt brats, cleaning up every shit they left behind, listening to the complaints on all the little faults they could find. I seriously think I am worthless in their eyes.

I wondered if they did know how much work had been put in to ensure that every small detail was taken care of. My colleague and I practically worked non-stop from the moment our eyes were forced open by our alarm clock at about 6.30am till midnight or later every night. There wasn’t even a moment that we had the luxury to turn on the TV in our room, immerse in the splendid view of Westlake or enjoy the hotel facilities. When everyone was relaxing, we were running all around to put things in place.

Finally it was over – I was back in town by Sunday evening, but the energy expended during those few days were more than what our body could cope. So my colleague was still MIA from work after three days, and though I rested at home on Mon, I struggled at work yesterday to keep my eyes open or to think properly, so much so that I decided to work from home today. My throat is also badly inflamed since yesterday, and it seems like a flu bug is on its way unless I manage to keep it down.

Whichever, the offsite finally came to a close, thanks goodness for that! My boss is already telling me where we should consider choosing for our next year offsite… but blah, stop that. I hope I would not have a chance to organize this again ok, but to formally sit inside the offsite and be part of it.

No comments: