Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Singapore Bay Run 2009

I did the Singapore Bay Run once again last Sunday after skipping it at 2008. Tried very hard and only managed to shave off 10mins from the last half marathon run, finishing in about 2:10… Certainly not a very fantastic timing to many people, but this is the best out of the four half marathons I had done wor...

The run itself was much better managed this year compared to past years– a lot of drinking points and the route was much better with wider roads for runners to space out. The only lacking is the absence of temporary toilets totally at any point in time except for the toilets found at East Coast Park at Fort road itself… What if I suddenly had runner’s diarrhea during the run itself?!?! I used to experienced that last time for whatsoever reason! The deep muscle sprays were not good enough too – we had to stand there to ask them to spray, and usually was not on the exact spots that we wanted! Luckily the distance wasn’t that long for anyone of us to seriously need it...

It is high time for me to get more serious with my weekly runs though I doubt it can ever really happen. Have been too lazy and complacent + full of excuses not to run more like feeling tired from work, cannot wake up the next day after a run… and committing 2x a week is already a torture. Wonder when I can ever really run better in this manner...

Did I say that we have signed up for the Standard Chartered Run again this end year… the full marathon?!?

No comments: