Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Fri

I was supposed to be out shopping, and then I was supposed to be out celebrating a friend’s birthday over dinner on Friday evening. It was long awaited Friday, and it was a time to let down the hair and had some fun out there. But I turned down everything at last hour.

I ended up getting home before 7pm. After settling down, I did a simple dinner to fill my stomach and poured myself a glass of white wine to go along, while watching my DVD. The week proved to be a little more than I could take, and somehow it had reached a tipping point on such a Friday. I decided that I needed the time away from the bustling crowd, let my emotions clear a little and had some quiet time for myself. I did not think I would do quite well if I were out trying to make merry and entertain my friends. By the way, I really had no patience to wait for 2+hours before meeting my friends that day.

And yes, I did feel better thereafter. Somehow, the emotions found their own space and settled down better… Afterall, I was given enough space – I had the whole house to myself for that few hours before bedtime. :P

No comments: