Saturday, September 20, 2008

Memories...

It was past midnight when I heard this song by Michael Jackson in the car today. I could not help but to bring myself back to nearly five years ago, when we decided to use this song “Heal the World” as a torch pass song. I remembered walking into the packed room with lit candles with my mates singing this song, reaching out and touching hearts. Our message to the people in the room - make the world a better place to live in. I also have vivid memories of holding the torch and passing it on.

Time has flied certainly. It seemed only like yesterday when it happened. Nevertheless, it was a marked turning point for me then… If not then, I would not be where I am today. So am I glad that I went through it? Yes, of course.

And such coincidence today is my captain’s birthday too!! It has been 5 years… but I do remember that he was the one who rooted for me when I went for my interview presentation. I was getting really nervous and it was his sms that gave me confidence. I could also recall that I was feeling very disappointed with myself in a job, and he was there to give me strength…

We just had steamboat buffet dinner together… and hope he would like the watch… Happy birthday.

No comments: