Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Korean Drama Addict

Did I say that I am watching another Korean drama recently? I had been watching it for the past 5 weeks already!

I watch a few episodes every day, day in, day out, and the weeks just fly past! We are talking a total of 167 episodes, not mentioning that I started off from Episode 43 instead of the first… But I finally got to the last episode last weekend! Oh, I should also say that I have just started from the very first episode today too. :-P

My ex-staff got the DVD for me on his last day. I asked him causally before if he got them at home since his mom and sisters were Korean OST addicts. This OST was showing in Channel U at 7pm everyday, and it aroused my interests when I caught a few episodes during days that I was back home real early from work. Certain dialogues and acts were really hilarious, you see…

It is a simple (and light hearted in some sense) drama series – it features the love, struggles and triumphs of a nineteen years old girl whom initially came to Seoul to get married, how sincerity can move all the people around her, and the dailies of two families including the disputes, arguments and the intense love, care and concern.

There aren’t big ups and downs or extremely drama stuff in this OST, yet it is so heartwarming that one will inevitably be very touched by all the simple acts and displays of deep affection and love.

Simplicity is beauty; sincerity and perseverance pay off; bliss is doing what you love doing with the support of your loved ones… these are my learnings from this 《19岁的纯情》.

No comments: