Friday, September 14, 2007

All These...

Death, are you afraid of it? You never know is there really an after life or things like that, as much as religions of any sort may advocate their own versions of after death. Is death that frightening, or it is the struggle before death that is scarier?

Someone once asked me this qn "if you have a choice, will you choose to die before or after your partner?" My ans: “My partner to die before me. So he needs not grieve over the pain of losing me and handle all the matters that may follow." It is the livings who need to fight a stronger battle to manage the pain of losing a loved one. Yet, many will choose to die first so that they need not see their loved ones leaving them...

I never like attending wakes as this means someone that I know got a family member who has passed away. I do not like the experiences that I have at wakes. The emotions in the air can be scarily overwhelming...

Life is so vulnerable. Today we may complain about those little things that have bogged us down, failing to realize that we are simply blessed to be alive, breathing and healthy. The moment that passed can never be revived, hence the term "Carpe Diem".

We can never satisfy everyone too. As long as we are happy doing what we are doing, not at the expense of someone’s welfare, we sometimes need not be bothered too much about what others have to say. Otherwise, we will spend a lifetime trying to live up to others’ expectations and not for ourselves… Is there any purpose in doing so?

Heard this song this morning, at a moment when my feelings are tender. Yes, the right song at the right time… This song has its own significance especially a few years back when I opened a different yet wonderful door of journey for myself… Whitney Houston - The Greatest Love of All...

Get this widget Share Track details

No comments: