Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Next holidays

Yes! I finally booked my SQ tickets yesterday to Christchurch, NZ in Oct...

Is it too early to book for a trip, especially when no one knows how Swine flu will develop over the next few months? I really don't know, but I am not leaving it to chance again for I have been saying this for the past 2 years, but still have never made it happen. Two years ago, we got play out by our friends, and last year we hesitated on the dates and in a week's time, the airticket prices skyrocketed.

So I figured we all can lock in the dates and the attractive flight fares first -cancellation of the tickets costs S$75 each versus the huge difference in airfares come close to travel dates. All may change come closer to date, but well, at least there is a date for each of us to work towards to. The best part is each of us bought a piece of winter jacket at a sale last week for this NZ trip before we even booked the airtickets! Hah.

Four is a great number to go travelling, so I am indeed excited. We will be spending 2 weeks in NZ, and I'll be spending my birthday there. ;) The broad plan is to comb south of NZ, from Christchurch to Queenstown and back to Christchurch via self drive...

There will be much planning to be done and heaps of stuff to buy for this trip... but I am glad that at least there is a long break that I can look forward to even though it is many months down the road.. :)

No comments: