Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Finally a post!

I have been really busy since I was back from Layang Layang two Sunday ago. Work has been never ending that I hardly have time to breathe! I was working from home till past 12mn yesterday!

So no photos, no updates…nor anything else for the past two weeks… (But I ought to say that I had great fun diving at Layang Layang during my 8 days there, not to mention that Dan and I were the few lucky ones to see a school of hammerhead sharks in the deep blue at 40m!)

But finally got a breather and thought to share somethig on a book that I am currently reading -“Listening below the noise” written by Anne D.LeClaire. I must admit it's pretty addictive food for the brain.

I’m not quite done with it, but here is a paragraph that stuck a cord in me:

Within each of us there resides our own muddy, messy space, our inner garbage heap where we toss scarps too painful to consider or confront, the loss, pain, grief, and disappointment that are all too real. In the hollow of our hearts resides the fault lines of our lives, the lies we tell ourselves to get by, and the space where narcissistic aspects of personality can arise. When we weed out extraneous stimulation and let go of the reins of control, these things claim our attention…… “In silence, all the deformed children that dwell inside come forward and say ‘Love me.’” And this is what we flee. Kathleen Norris writes of this…..”Any life lived attentively is disillusioning as it forces us to know as we are.”

Do you resonate with it?

Interesting book, I must say…. More to be read and explored…

3 comments:

Wondering Wanderer said...

nice.... hope it was a good trip
So did u do the sundown over the weekend?

Anyway, remembered from your blog you read a book about running before, U still remember the title of the book?

bitchydolly said...

Oh yes, the trip was excellent, especially when sightings of hammerhead sharks were rarity - only discovered this after speaking to some whom had make the trip and saw none!

Intending to load up some pics from Layang, but I have been really busy... so...hmm...ha...

Nope, din do sundown. Meant to be doing something else during this period, so I skipped that.

Oh yes, the book is "Running and Philosophy: A marathon for the Mind" by Michale W. Austin.

Wondering Wanderer said...

Wow another fruitful trip. you guys are always very lucky with sightings....haha

thanks anyway. Trying ahrd to run in the cold wet weather atm.