Thursday, March 26, 2009

Happiness

I like what I read in MyPaper today:

Deaf-blind Amercian author Helen Keller wrote: " Happiness cannot come from without. It must come from within. It is not what we see and touch or that which others do for us which makes us happy; it is that which we think and feel and do, first for the other fellow, and then for ourselves." ...

Today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday. And today was such a lovely day. That I wondered why I worried about today yesterday. So today I am not going to worry about tomorrow. There may not be a tomorrow anyway. So today I am going to live as if there is no tomorrow. And I am going to forget about yesterday...

Happines does not necessarily have to come from striving for something we don't have. It can come from recognising and appreciating what we do
.

No comments: