Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Night of Loss

Saturday, 8 Nov:

It was the longest struggle to get myself to sleep. As the minutes and hours ticked by, I laid on my big and comfy bed wondering why I was still wide awake...

12.30am:
I was on bed, ready to sleep. It was a stuffy night but I refused to on the air con, thinking that I would not wake up if I make it too conducive for sleeping… I was supposed to wake up at 645am that early morning to go for my run at East Coast Park…

2.30am:
For some reasons, I was still awake. I looked at my clock and started to panic - I had only 4 hours before I needed to wake up. Was it the iced lemon tea I had earlier with my Mac meal, I thought to myself. I tossed and turned… visited the toilet for the umpteen times and decided to on the radio, the soothing music might rock me into lullaby.

3.30am:
WTF, how came I am still alive?! All methods seemed to fail… n the harder I tried to sleep, the more it eludes me! My mind raced through all alternatives and was bombarded with all random thoughts.

4.06am:
Smsed my friend to cancel the run in the morning, for I was sure I would be more than half dead at 6.45am. I was totally pissed with myself!

4.30am:
Oh yes, oh yes… I think you got the idea…

And I did drift into sleep eventually, thought dunno what time... I woke up at 9am in the morning, feeling totally drained… So I did no morning run, ended up having lunch and doing shopping with my friend who had bunked at my house on Sat… But there was obviously a price to pay – I took a nap in the afternoon to get my energy back, and ended rescheduling other things to fit in a shorter run of 10km in the evening...

NO MORE seah.

No comments: