Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Another HK trip...

I was at Hong Kong last Fri to Sun… The purpose? For the Bledisloe Cup – All Blacks against Wallabies battle of Rugby happening on Sat, 1 Nov… It was a working trip – we had great dealing with this game, and our Hong Kong office had planned corporate hospitality programs around this game since last Wed till game day on Sat…

With Helen’s wedding on Thu, I could only fly down on Fri to attend the evening cocktail function… It was Halloween that day of course, and I realized that Hongkies celebrate this day big time! You could only see mountains of people trying to get their way into Lan Kwai Fong from 9pm! Gosh! I ended up with colleagues in a pub at Shaunton road after the cocktail event, and later pub hopped to Wan Chai. I nearly got myself into trouble with different Ang Mos – they must be thinking I am an easy target or something? Darn!!

Yes, yes it was THE match on Sat @ Hong Kong Stadium, 4.30pm… The stadium was nearly packed full with 39 000+ people… How was the rugby? Well… the game was not live as it is NZ All Blacks to retain the trophy. Yet, you could see all enthusiastic fans (mostly ang mos) cheering for their team. The mood was simply contagious. Both teams put up a good fight as well, especially 2nd half of the game.

I had a great time thereafter too as I got the chance to meet up with my colleague who was just relocated there. He treated me to the famous curry pork chop rice and a cup of iced coffee at Pacific Coffee. I toured his new place of residence thereafter, and his place made me drool with envy- so darn nice especially with facilites such as rooftop open space, cosy lounge area and spectacular views! However, I made no way down to the pub that night though I had agreed to as I was getting way too lazy after getting back to hotel.

It was totally R&R day on Sunday – I had breakfast in the room, took a walk down the harbour and shopped around Mong Kok before taking the 6.30pm flight back to Singapore…

Not a trip that I wanted to go initially, but it was my boss who wanted me to be there… So there I was, and it was more like an R&R trip for me. Did not know how to exactly describe this trip – too much mixed feelings on what I saw and experienced… But I do know that it certainly added to my pool of experience… I should be more wised up next time round... hopefully…

No comments: