Sunday, October 12, 2008

ECP run...

We did another evening run at East Coast Park last night. There is supposedly to be quadthalon happening at ECP this morning, hence we decide to alter our Sun morning ECP run…

All I can say is it was totally exasperating that we caught on the rain last night again! It turned out to be a race against the rain. The sky was already showing signs of possible rain when we started, but I thought we couldn’t be so down on our luck once again. But I was too early in my conclusion for we felt small raindrops after our mid-point U turn. We picked up our pace for we certainly did not have the desire to end up like the last time where it was a storm and we were stranded for an hour.

The drizzle got bigger as we pressed on, forcing us to go faster; yet, my mind and body did not seem to be in sync. I struggled to the end point, with my lungs grasping for air and legs giving way. What a complete torture.

Heaven loves to make sport of people certainly, for the rain completely went into hiding after my bath… Thanks mate… DUH. No more evening run at ECP for me anymore!

No comments: