Thursday, April 05, 2007

Honest feedback

I can get pretty pissed when people cite references or quotations from some people, books, or religious sources and use them in ways that do not quite serve them. They simply use references to justify their actions, who they are, and how things are or should be. In another word, their actions are not forward moving.

Perhaps I am ignorant. I do not know what should be and should not be, who say this and who state that. All I know is certain ways may be better; certain actions may propel you to a higher ground or get you to where you want to be faster. We all have different interpretations of words, quotes and statements, which I gladly accept. It is just that some people just blindly, conveniently or literally take them without deep probing, understanding, and looking beyond what is stated. Worse, they apply them wrongly in their lives.

I do not appreciate it too when people can reject chances for themselves to take a closer look about themselves, and see how they can be out of their usual automatics and get out their usual box to try something new and reach for a greater height in their life. They are unwilling to put in effort and hard work, and yet they expect that results will just happen. Isn't that an unreasonable expectation?

"You can never force a horse to drink if it does not want to." Yes, I come a long way to accept that. I used to get very upset if I cannot get someone to shift. But now, I do understand there is no way I can support someone who is unwilling to support oneself. It is energy expending when you try too hard to make someone see possibilities or to open up. I learnt, after many incidents, that my efforts can be better used in other areas or other people. Perhaps you can say that I have given up…

Of course, I am not trying to be offensive here, neither am I saying that my life is perfect now, or that I know a lot. In fact, there are full of ups and downs which I am learning how to handle better. I am definitely pretty ignorant about many aspects of life too, thus I try to be open to learning. No doubt, I can be pretty righteous about my thinking and actions many a time. I have a questioning mind too which many people may find it difficult to handle all my bombardment. However, questioning is for me to get clear… Well, at least, I am willing to be coached…

And please do not give me quotes from whatever sources to justify your actions and thoughts. Do not abuse them… They are innocent.

No comments: